A popular alternative to traditional dentures, implant-supported denture are also known as snap-in dentures or permanent dentures. The dentists at our North Fort Myers office are known for their expertise in implant placement, and our countless satisfied patients are a testament to the exceptional results the Community Dental Care team delivers.
What are Implant-Supported Dentures?
Implant-supported dentures are a revolutionary solution for those seeking a more stable and comfortable alternative to traditional dentures. This innovative dental treatment involves anchoring a customized denture securely to dental implants that are strategically placed in the jawbone. The result is a fixed and natural-looking denture that restores both the aesthetics and functionality of your smile.
Implant-Supported Dentures vs. Traditional Dentures:
- Stability: Unlike traditional dentures, which rely on adhesives or suction to stay in place, implant-supported dentures are firmly anchored to dental implants. This eliminates the worry of slippage or discomfort while speaking or eating.
- Bone Preservation: Traditional dentures can accelerate bone loss in the jaw over time, leading to aging changes in facial appearance and fit issues. Implant-supported dentures, on the other hand, stimulate the jawbone, promoting bone health and preventing deterioration.
- Comfort and Function: Implant-supported dentures provide superior comfort because they don’t put pressure on the gums like traditional dentures. They also restore your ability to chew and speak with ease, giving you the confidence to enjoy your favorite foods and engage in social interactions without worry.
- Aesthetics: We use only the highest quality materials and meticulous and exacting fitting procedures. Your implant-supported dentures are tailored to match the natural appearance of your teeth and complement your facial features, providing a beautiful and natural-looking smile.
- Longevity: While traditional dentures may need frequent adjustments and replacements due to changes in the jawbone, implant-supported dentures offer greater longevity and durability. With proper care, they can last for many years, making them a cost-effective solution in the long run.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a candidate for implant supported dentures?
You may be a candidate for an implant supported denture if you are missing all of your upper or lower teeth and have enough jawbone to support artificial tooth roots. If you don’t have sufficient bone structure, your provider may recommend undergoing a grafting procedure to help build up the jaw in preparation for implants. You’ll need to consult with an implant specialist to ensure that an implant supported denture is right for you.
What should I expect if I undergo an implant procedure?
Getting implant supported dentures is a multi-step process that generally requires 2 in-office surgeries performed several months apart. During the first visit, implants will be secured within their designated locations inside the jaw. They will then be left to heal over a period of 6 to 9 months. You may be fitted for temporary dentures to wear during this time. At the conclusion of your waiting period, you’ll return to your provider’s office to have the implants re-exposed and either an abutment or bar secured to them. Lastly, you’ll be fitted for your final dentures, which will contain connective hardware for easy attachment.
How will I need to care for my implant supported dentures?
Although implant-supported dentures are designed to remain in place without slipping, they must be removed each night for cleaning. You’ll also need to carefully brush around each attachment and soak them nightly.
Why Choose Community Dental Care in North Fort Myers for Your Implant-Supported Dentures?
With our wealth of experience and expertise in implant placement, making us the go-to choice for implant-supported dentures. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients’ satisfaction and delivering life-changing results that enhance their quality of life. Experience the freedom, stability, and confidence that implant-supported dentures provide. Schedule a consultation today to explore how this remarkable dental solution can transform your smile and improve your overall oral health.